Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Limited Edition Wet n' Wild Walking The Red Carpet Palette Review

Welcome back Lovelies! Today I'm going to be talking to you about something I get excited for every year- the limited edition Wet n' Wild eye shadow palettes! I managed to pick up the one titled "Walking the Red Carpet" about a week or so ago at a Walgreen's. It retails for around $4.99 and can be found almost anywhere Wet n' Wild is sold.






Most of the shades in this palette have a warm tone and lean towards a bronzey look. The only two matte shades are the browbone and eyelid colors on the left side which also happen to be the least pigmented. All of the other shades range from having a slight sheen to being very glittery and have that notorious, beautiful pigmentation that Wet n' Wild shadows are known to have.

Left side of the palette


Right side of the palette 

The most interesting shade in this palette by far is the gold shade on the right. This is perhaps the truest gold shade I've ever seen in a shadow. Unfortunately, it also happens to have the most glitter and fall out. I tried to take a close up picture to show you the glitter in this shadow. It's not too chunky feeling but there is SO much fall out, I can definitely predict a huge mess if it's not used carefully and with a good primer.




Overall, this palette isn't as exciting as I thought it would be. The colors are beautiful and the quality is excellent for the price, but a lot of the shades are just too shimmery for my liking. If you prefer mattes, this probably won't be the palette for you. If you don't mind a little shimmer/glitter then I think you'd have a lot of fun experimenting with this!

Thanks so much for reading, leave any questions or comments down below! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have wanted to buy Wet n Wild eyeshadows for such a long time - but we just can't get them here!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, I read and love each and every one of them! :D